Thu May 25 00:11:14 CST 2023
ABS, PC, AS, PS, etc.
The following is a reasonable choice of injection mold requirements: (hope you have help)
1. High corrosion resistance Many resins and additives have a corrosive effect on the surface of the cavity, and this corrosion makes the surface of the cavity metal corrosion, flaking, surface condition deterioration, plastic parts quality deterioration. Therefore, it is best to use corrosion-resistant steel, or the surface of the cavity for chromium plating, cyanide nickel treatment.
2. Good wear resistance injection molding surface gloss and precision and injection mold cavity surface wear resistance has a direct relationship, especially some plastics with glass fiber, inorganic fillers and some pigments, they and the plastic melt together in the flow channel, mold cavity high speed flow, the cavity surface friction is very large, if the material is not wear-resistant, will soon wear, so that the quality of the plastic parts are damaged.
3. Good dimensional stability In injection molding, the temperature of the injection mold cavity should reach 300℃ or more. For this reason, it is best to use the appropriate tempering treatment of tool steel (heat treatment steel). Otherwise, it will cause changes in the microstructure of the material, resulting in changes in the size of the injection mold.
4. easy to process Mold parts are mostly made of metal materials, some structural shape is also very complex, in order to shorten the production cycle, improve efficiency, require mold materials easy to process into the shape and precision required by the drawings.
Good polishing performance injection molded plastic parts usually require a good gloss and surface condition, so the cavity surface roughness is very small, so that the cavity surface must be surface processing, such as polishing, grinding, etc.. Therefore, the selected steel should not contain rough impurities and porosity, etc.
6. Small impact by heat treatment In order to improve the hardness and wear resistance, the general injection mold should be heat-treated, but this treatment should make its size change very little. Therefore, it is best to use pre-hardened steel that can be machined.